Company Type: Healthy System
Company Industry: Healthcare
Company Address: 3075 Highland Pkwy Downers Grove, IL 60515, United States
Company Locations: Chicago – Land area, IL
Advocate Health Care is currently looking for: Junior, Senior and Graduate level students!
Advocate Health Care is looking to fill a(n): Internship and Full-Time position!
About Advocate Health Care
Advocate Health Care, named among the nation’s Top 5 large health systems based on quality by Truven Analytics, is the largest health system in Illinois and one of the largest health care providers in the Midwest. Advocate operates more than 250 sites of care, including 12 hospitals that encompass 11 acute care hospitals, the state’s largest integrated children’s network, the state’s largest emergency and Level I trauma network, one of the area’s largest home health care companies, and the region’s largest medical group. Advocate Health Care has 4 teaching hospitals and is a not-for-profit, mission-based health system.
Advocate Vision Statement:
To be a faith-based system providing the safest environment and best health outcomes, while building lifelong relationships with the people we serve.
Supply Chain Supporting Vision Statement:
To create value by aligning supply, demand, and clinical effectiveness to improve the health of the populations that we serve.
Supply Chain operations include: sourcing, clinical resource management, procurement, asset management, logistics and site operations, business intelligence/performance management, and technology development.
Examples of functions performed by Supply Chain:
– Contracting directly with suppliers for the purchase of goods and services used throughout Advocate
– Working with system-wide councils to select products and services that best meet user needs
– Conducting clinical product evaluations
– Deploying automated purchase requisition tools
– Issuing purchase orders to suppliers for supplies, purchased services, and capital equipment
– Assisting customers with special purchase requests
– Management of distribution network
– Monitor and replenishment of demand signals
– Assisting Advocate sites in identifying and achieving supply and service-related savings opportunities
Advocate Health Care has been named in the Gartner Healthcare Supply Chain Top 25 each of the last 5 years.
Learn more at https://jobs.advocatehealth.com/