- This event has passed.
BP/PG Case Competition
April 3, 2018 - 5:00 pm - 9:00 pm
We have two great companies, BP and Proctor & Gamble, coming together to host a case competition on April 3rd. This competition is open to all Supply Chain Majors and members of SCMA. There will be a cash prize of at least $1,400 for the winning team to split evenly. The details for this competition are listed below.
- The competition is scheduled to be on Tuesday, April 3, 2018 at the BCC in room N124. The presentations will start at 6:00 pm and run through 8:45 pm.
- Both companies will be providing a company overview at 5:00 pm and will be providing food prior to presentations. Please let me know if you will be attending.
- The competition will consist of 6 teams (first 6 to sign up)
- Each team needs two underclassmen (freshman and sophomores) and two upperclassmen (juniors and seniors) for a total of four team members
- Team sign ups will be closed on Friday, March 16
- Teams will be given two weeks to work on the case
- The case will be distributed on March 19
- Teams will have to submit their presentations by 11:59 pm on April 2.
- Day-of details
- Company overview and food at 5:00 pm
- Team presentations start at 6:00 pm – each team will have 15-18 minutes to present
- Judges will have 5 minutes after each presentation to ask questions
- Winners will be announced at 9:00pm
Once you have organized your team, please email Jeff Barko (firstname.lastname@example.org) the name, email, and year of each team member. If you would like to join as an individual, please send your name, email, and year to Jeff. If there is enough individual sign ups, a team of individuals will be made. As mentioned earlier, the first 6 teams to sign up will be the teams that compete in this competition. More details will be sent out to each team regarding distributing the case once team sign ups close.
Please keep in mind that this is an excellent opportunity to become more involved, gain leadership experience, and become familiar with how case studies work as many of your higher level classes will focus on them a lot.
If you have any questions about this case competition, please email Jeff (email@example.com) and he will get back to you as soon as possible.